To apply and for more information: https://goo.gl/2d4RsM
Job descriptionPosition Summary
Under the direction of the Athletic Trainer Coordinator this position provides athletic training services to include but not limited to High School, Middle School, youth sports, club sports and community events. Performs within the athletic trainer scope of practice as defined by Colorado DORA.Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from accredited college.
High School diploma or GED.Minimum Experience Requirements
Previous athletic training or related experience, preferred.
- Current NATA BOC certification.
- Eligible for CO Athletic Trainer Registration to be obtained prior to start of athletic coverage.
- American Heart Association BLS certification required within 90 day orientation period.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Under the direction of the Athletic Trainer Coordinator or Contract Athletic Trainer assists with High School and/or Middle School Training Room, injury clinics and event coverage as assigned and per contract obligations with Mercy Sports Medicine.*
- Covers events for youth sports, club sports or special activities as assigned.*
- Performs assessments and treatment of injured athletes acutely or post acutely.*
- Determines the level of functional capacity , decreased range of motion or muscular weakness of an injured athlete to establish the extent of the injury.*
- Utilizes exercises, modalities and other treatments for which the athletic trainer has received formal training, not including drugs, to restore an injured athlete to normal function.*
- Refers an athlete to appropriate medical personnel as needed.*
- Performs first aid and emergency procedures as appropriate to training.*
- Maintains athletic training records of athlete assessments and treatments.*
- Manages Emergency Action Plans appropriate for location and event.*
- Performs education and counseling of athletes on sports health related topics.*
- Manages and administers ImPACT concussion testing for HS, Middle School and community teams, leagues and individuals not part of regular contract.*
- Implements and supervises concussion protocols.*
- Coordinates care with primary care physicians, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists and others as needed.*
- Communicates with parents, coaches, school administrators and others as appropriate about athletes conditions.*
- Coordinate annual supply orders as necessary.*
- With input from Athletic Trainer Coordinator create and modify protocols, EAPs, and other documents as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.*
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.Physical Requirements
☑ Very Heavy Work - exert/lift over 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or over 50 lbs. frequently, and/or over 20 lbs. constantly