To apply and for more information: https://bit.ly/2EbnMXl
- Prevent, assess, and treat emergency, acute, and chronic injuries.
- Recondition athletes and active individuals after injury to prevent injury recurrence, impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities; Primary duties will take place in a school setting.
Some contracts may require prior experience as an athletic trainer
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited program in athletic training.
Current or temporary Indiana license of athletic training
Board Certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association
Board of Certification, Inc. – Athletic Trainer CertificationSkills
- Knowledgeable in anatomy/physiology, current treatment techniques and functional progressions, and current advancements and trends
- Ability to effectively provide quality care and service to appropriate patients
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, peers, patients, families, physicians, and all internal/external customers is also required
- Ability to incorporate a basic understanding of the behaviors, developmental needs, physical needs, emotional needs and comfort of the child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient
- Ability to lift/transfer patients or treatment supply items without restriction
- Must have the upper extremity strength and manual dexterity needed for writing, treatment modalities, and equipment operation
- Ability to organize responsibilities and to set priorities
- Ability to function independently and make independent judgment and sound decisions
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and compassionately, both verbally and in writing, with athletes, patients, coaches, family members, physicians, other practitioners, management staff, fitness participants and the community
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing work conditions
ATC, Certified Athletic Trainer, School
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.