To apply and for more information: https://bit.ly/2ClTr5C
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Have knowledge and uphold the Code of Ethics of the National Athletic Trainers Association and the Texas Board of Examiners for Athletic Trainers
- Demonstrate good communication skills with athletes, parents, athletic director(s) coaches and physicians regarding athletes playing status and ability to return to competition. All communication must be bound of confidentiality
- Provide superior care in the prevention, recognition, evaluation, and immediate care and reconditioning of athletic injuries
- Provide pre-game/practice taping and preparation
- Referring athletes for appropriate diagnostic and follow-up procedures and completing and submitting an injury report to the Athletic Training Outreach Program Manager in a timely manner
- Utilize appropriate, sound, and up to date clinical techniques to effectively assess and treat athletic injuries
- Provide athletic training services to patients and athletes at sponsored events as requested or required
- Provide input as to the fitness and conditioning status of athletes
- Complete all training documentation in a timely manner
- Proper management and disposal of all confidential patient information
- Proper post event follow up required (compensated)
- Athletic Training Services: The management and provision of care of injuries to a physically active person as defined in the state practice act with the direction of a licensed physician. The term includes the rendering of emergency care, development of injury prevention programs and providing appropriate preventative and devices for the physically active person. The term also includes the assessment, management, treatment, rehabilitation and recondition of the physically active person whose conditions are within the professional preparation and education of a certified athletic trainer. The term also includes the use of modalities such as mechanical stimulation, heat, cold, light, air, water, electricity, sound, massage and the use of therapeutic exercises, reconditioning exercise and fitness programs
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required3-5 Years Of Experience In Associated Fields, Preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Licenses & Certifications
Current TX Athletic Trainer Certification
Current Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support
PRN Athletic Training providers will be expected to attend at least 3 of 12 CEU/CME courses provided annually free of charge. Attendance to all 12 is not required but is encouraged. These programs are available on a live stream as well so participants do not have to be present in person to receive credit, required.
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.