To apply and for more information: https://bit.ly/2COwWaK
Under the direction of a Physician or Physical Therapist, the Athletic Trainer assists in the assessment and treatment of patients. May provide Certified Athletic Trainer services during practices and sporting events for high schools or other athletic teams.Essential Job Duties
- Assesses patients to determine modifications of therapy and treatment needs in consultation with physician or physical therapist.
- Develops exercise programs that appropriately addresses patient's short and long term goals.
- Assists patients with prescribed therapeutic exercises per physician protocols or physical therapist directions.
- Monitors patient's response to treatment.
- Educates patients regarding exercise program, health needs, and risks.
- Coordinates care with other patient care providers as appropriate.
- Completes appropriate documentation including reports, treatments, and discharge summaries.
- Cleans, maintains, and inspects exercise equipment. Reports repair and maintenance needs.
- Actively engages in marketing and community educational programs.
- Provides Certified Athletic Trainer services as assigned: Maintains treatment log, communicates with coaches, and coordinates supplies used in the schools.
- Entry Rate: $18.78
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Current license as an Athletic Trainer in state of practice.
- National athletic trainer certification.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Experience in a variety of computer programs including data bases, word processing, and internet.
- Carrying, crawling, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Related working experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.