To apply and for more information: http://bit.ly/2RBt1oB
Job DetailsMinimum Job Requirements
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree Athletic Training or related field required
- Current licensure by the state of Florida required
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATABOC) required
- Current AED Certification required
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
- Demonstrate the use of proper verbal and tactile cuing to modify technique to reduce injury risk throughout strength and conditioning programs
- Collaborate and assist with development implementation and modification of strength training and conditioning programs under the direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Delivers competent age appropriate patient care to patients from newborn to 21 years of age. Integrates infection control, patient safety, body mechanics, knowledge of growth and development into provision of patient care
- Immediately reports any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents or other safety issues to supervisor
- Demonstrates clinical competence in the provision of effective service delivery appropriate to the patient’s specific needs through on-field assessment, care and prevention of injuries by taping, bracing and preventive exercises, communicate with parents/guardians, coaches and administrators regarding athletes, complete daily documentation, identifies patient need for services from ancillary departments and provides follow-up and referral as necessary
- Assist Rehab Sports Medicine staff with marketing and presenting services to community.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Provides excellent service routinely in interactions with all customers, i.e. coworkers, patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers, etc.
- Effectively communicates with physicians and members of the sports medicine team.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist preferred.
- Read, comprehend and assist with implementing injury prevention and return to sport programs.
- Develop and modify strength and conditioning programs to meet individualized needs.
- Provide proper instructions/cuing to patients during programs.
- Carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to properly educate and/or communicate to participants in a small group setting.
- Effectively convert current evidenced based/best practice techniques into care of the athlete.
- Efficiently and effectively problem solve multiple variable situations.
- Setup and cleanup of programs.