To apply and for more information: http://bit.ly/2FiVLfW
The Athletic Trainer works Under the direction of the AHC Lead Athletic Trainer at a Montgomery County high school providing student-athletes with initial injury and illness evaluations, referrals, follow-up evaluations, wound care, injury treatment, emergency care, injury rehabilitation, taping and bracing, and other duties. At times this position may involve being outdoors and in inclement weather. Supplementary hours are also available in an outpatient hospital setting.
Newly BOC certified athletic trainers welcomed to apply.Responsibilities
- Attendance at athletic games and practices
- Coordination of outside care and treatments
- Education of athletic injuries and conditions
- Evaluation of chronic athletic injuries or conditions
- Instruction of rehabilitation exercises for athletic injuries
- Supervision of athletes' return to activity
- Application of protective and prophylactic devices
- On-field assessment of acute athletic injuries
- Advise athletes on proper use of equipment
- Education of athletes on nutritional aspects of performance
- Coordination/Activation of emergency medical care
- Accurate documentation of all daily treatments, injuries, and referrals
- Comply with all local, state, and federal rules, requirements, regulations, and laws related to Athletic Training
- Report any suspected or known violation of a rule, requirement, or law to proper authorities
- Comply with all confidentiality and disclosure requirements
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- BS/MS/DPT from an accredited program.
- Current Maryland license (or license eligible) required and certification for Athletic Training.
- Current BLS Allied Health Professional Certification Required.
- Demonstrated competence in treatments, appropriate documentation and meeting productivity requirements.
- Able to handle a multi-task environment.
- Basic PC skills such as Windows NT, and Microsoft Word.
32 hours per week: Monday to Friday, 2:00 pm to 9:30 pm, with occasional Saturdays, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.