To apply and for more information: http://bit.ly/2FgxAyQ
Job DetailsEssential Duties And Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
- Plans and implements certain components for a sports injury prevention program. Establishes protocols for the treatment, care, and rehabilitation of sports injuries. Inspects practice areas and athletic equipment, consulting with coaches on injury prevention methods.
- Provides urgent care service for student-athlete injuries sustained during athletics classes, team practices, and athletic events. Conducts the initial clinical evaluation of injuries, and administers first aid. Refers students to a physician as needed.
- Provides protective taping, bracing and padding for athletes. Assures compliance with safety standards by properly fitting athletic equipment, knee, and ankle braces, and other protective gear.
- Coordinates and monitors athletic rehabilitation programs for injured students. Provides physical therapy treatment for injuries as diagnosed or prescribed by team physicians. Operates a variety of athletic and medical equipment including a muscle stimulation unit and an ultrasound machine.
- Coordinates training and assignment of athletic trainers (including student trainers) in the areas of prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation, first aid and emergency care for athletic injuries. Coordinates travel arrangements and transportation for athletics trainers and first aid and emergency care equipment to out-of-town athletic events.
- Educates and counsels athletes about their conditions including the nature of injuries and the procedures to be followed for recovery.
- Serves as an athletics trainer at home and away athletic events. Provides protective equipment and performs emergency repairs at athletic events. Provides protective taping and urgent care to injuries. Advises coaches on athlete readiness to resume activity.
- Provides in-service training to coaches on the prevention, care, and emergency treatment of athletic injuries.
- Participates in the selection of athletic equipment, supplies, and uniforms. Confers with coaches on equipment and supply specifications.
- Modifies athletic equipment to fit. Fabricates modifications to equipment that accommodate an injury or other unique requirements.
- Coordinates maintenance and inventory of supplies and equipment. Monitors and documents the distribution of supplies. Cleans and maintains the training room in a condition suitable for patient-athlete care.
- Coordinates customized off-season physical conditioning programs for athletes according to the physical requirements of specific sports activities/events.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports including injury and accident reports, rehabilitation logs and insurance claims. Maintains and updates student files.
- Participate in the selection, training, and scheduling of student workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Knowledge and Skills
The position requires seasoned specialized knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, and techniques of physical therapy and preventative and rehabilitative treatment used in college athletics and physical education programs. Requires complete knowledge of the equipment, materials, and supplies used in a college athletics and physical education programs. Requires in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and medical terminology. Requires knowledge of injury evaluation and treatment techniques including first aid and the proper fitting of assistive devices. Requires skill at fitting and modifying athletic equipment. Requires knowledge of proper methods for inventorying and storing equipment, materials, and supplies. Requires knowledge of pertinent health and safety regulations governing rehabilitation health care. Requires well-developed language and human relation skills to explain technical concepts to others, conduct in-service training, and serve customers.Education And Experience
The position requires a Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Athletic Training, Sports Medicine, or related field and experience in athletic training and two years of related experience. Or, any combination of education and experience which would meet the required qualifications for the position.Licenses And Certificates
Requires a valid driver license. Requires a First Aid and CPR card. Requires a National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification.