Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Physical / Health Condition -- Should it be a requirement for Athletic Trainers?

It is clear what the Educational Requirements are (or should be) for a professional Athletic Trainer. How about the physical condition of a professional Athletic Trainer?
I don't expect Athletic Trainers to be athletes themselves, however I would like to know that they are applying the same knowledge they impart on athletes, to their own lives.
Do you think there should be a minimum physical/health condition requirement for Athletic Trainers?

Comments

• edited December 2017
    It would be nice if everyone employed as a healthcare professional was healthy and fit. I get irritated seeing nurses smoking across the street from the hospital
    Post edited by Louise Martin on
  • Exactly my point! I completely agree, which is why it should be a requirement. There are so many professionals in the Health industry that visibly carry an unhealthy lifestyle...and these are the people taking care of us.