Assistant Athletic Trainer/Strength and Conditioning Coach
Job Code 199506
Full-time, 40 hours/week, 9 month position
Clark University seeks a professional to fill the role of Assistant Athletic Trainer/Strength and Conditioning Coach. Working closely with the Head Athletic Trainer, the Assistant Athletic Trainer/Strength and Conditioning Coach will provide coverage for practices and games, treatment of injuries to varsity student-athletes as well as work to develop and implement strength and conditioning, and injury rehabilitation programs. This position also includes responsibilities pertaining to certain fitness spaces on campus, with a focus on the fitness center and group fitness studio. This work includes organization, scheduling, and supervision of student workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Providing care for student-athletes participating in Clark’s 17-team intercollegiate program regarding injury prevention, clinical evaluation and diagnosis, immediate care, treatment, rehabilitation and reconditioning, of student-athlete injuries as well as organization and administration, and professional responsibility.
· All aspects of running a successful strength and conditioning program for the university’s NCAA Division III athletics programs.
Assistant Athletic Trainer responsibilities
· Providing medical coverage at practices and games for varsity programs.
· Work with student-athletes on injury prevention, and rehabilitation and treatment of injuries to student-athletes.
Fitness Center Supervisor responsibilities
· Organizing, scheduling, and supervising of student workers.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree
· certification by an accredited strength and conditioning organization (i.e. NSCA, CSCCa); must be NATABOC certified and licensed in MA
· The ability to maintain productive relationships with coaches to achieve the maximum benefit for our student-athletes.
· One to three years of related experience
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 9-month position.
Review of applications will begin [two weeks after position is approved for posting]. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants must reference Job code 199506 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.