To apply and for more information: https://goo.gl/z6VmBg
Provides services to identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain which arise from sports related activities. Evaluates and assesses injured athletes. Renders of emergency care, develops injury prevention programs and provides appropriate preventive and supportive devices for the physically active person.
• Provides athletic training services for all designated athletic events as needed.
• Acts as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school, athletes and parents.
• Maintains accurate records of injuries, treatments and provides insurance forms as needed.
• Develops and maintains inventory of supplies and athletic training budget.
• Maintains appropriate treatment orders, emergency action plans, and policy and procedure manual to be reviewed annually.
• Maintains medical kits, AED’s and any other related equipment.
• Develops and implements injury prevention and fitness programs.
• Participates in community outreach, as required.
• Participates in related education and research programming.
• Performs related duties, as required.
• Bachelors Degree, required.
• Current Board of Certification (BOC) Certified Athletic Trainer (AT), required.
• CPR/AED for healthcare professionals, required.
• Currently licensed as an Athletic Trainer (LIC - ATR) in New York State.
• Related experience, preferred.
Nassau County-New Hyde Park-1983 Marcus Ave